Plaintiff Attorney Legal Information Center
Our goal here is to assist personal injury lawyers in every aspect of a tort case from beginning to end. We provide real-life samples of pleadings, discovery, motions and other weapons in our arsenal to maximize the value of our clients' personal injury claims.
This information is for attorneys handling injury claims. If you are an injury victim, looking for information as to what to expect in terms how these cases proceed or the value of your claim, this is a better place to visit.
If you are grateful for this content, please let us know here, in which case we would be very thankful!
- Demand Letters - Four sample settlement letters
- Sample Lawsuits - Examples of complaints in accident, malpractice, and other civil tort cases
- Sample Discovery - Examples of depositions, designation of experts, request for admissions, and request for production of documents.
- Potential Experts - A list of potential experts to consider in medical malpractice cases
- Sample Motions - Collection of common motions in personal injury cases
- Sample Interrogatories - Examples interrogatories and answers for plaintiffs and defendants
- Trial - A collection of sample direct examinations, cross-examinations, jury instructions, etc.
- Opening Statements - how to give a winning opening and sample plaintiff and defense openings
- Trial Transcripts - sample trial transcripts of an auto accident cases from jury selection to verdict
- Sample Motions in Limine - Examples of commonly filed pre-trial motions to exclude evidence
- Jury Instructions - List of some pattern and non-pattern jury instructions
- Direct Examinations - Outlines and transcripts
- Cross Examinations - Outlines and transcripts
- Sample Correspondence - a library of letters in tort claims
- Car Accident Claims from A-Z - a guide from intake through trial
- Sample Forms and letters - Forms, letters, contracts and other tools that may be of assistance in working up these cases
- Client Intake Forms and Contingency Fee Agreements
- Sample Malpractice Documents - forms, pleadings, discovery, mediation, trial and other related malpractice samples
- Maryland Law Update - Review of significant Maryland cases with analysis and practice tips.
- Maryland Mediator and Arbitrators - List of arbitrators and mediators assisting with ADR of personal injury claims in Maryland.
- Where Should You File Your Lawsuit? We analyze every jurisdiction in Maryland.
- Summary of Maryland Accident Law
- Summary of Maryland Malpractice Law
- How Wrongful Death Claims Work
- Our Damage Caps
- Maryland Cases: Analysis of the key personal injury cases every Maryland lawyer needs to know.
- How injury cases are valued
- How malpractice cases are valued
- The value of claims based on the injury
- The value of claims based on the accident
- Wrongful death claims value
- The value of nursing home cases
- Settlement value of birth injury cases
- Settlement value of herniated disc injury cases
- Settlement value of truck accident cases
The primary purpose of this Attorney Help Center is to weaponize the plaintiffs' trial bar to help you maximize the value of personal injury cases. Insurance companies benefit because plaintiffs' lawyers do not pull their resources.
Economies of scale do not help plaintiffs' law firms. Most of the best personal injury law firms in the country are quite small. This makes us nimble, innovative, and client focused. But the plaintiffs' bar does not benefit enough from pulled resources. We do not share knowledge and education in the same way we would if plaintiffs' law firm were like Fortune 500 companies. Auto and malpractice insurance companies do have the size advantages to facilitate collaboration. Miller & Zois' Attorney Help Center seeks to mimic that collaboration online so we can all benefit from shared wisdom. The end game is to provide better representation to our clients and not having to reinvent the wheel.
The categories listed above are just the beginning of the resources we provide. We have forms and samples of anything you can imagine. You will find here includes such practical things as pleadings, discovery, motions, jury instructions and how they are used, and sample motions in limine to provide the tools to keep out inadmissible evidence.
The response to the Help Center has been overwhelming since Miller & Zois started this project 15 years ago. It has also now in 2019 spawned lots of copycat sites. Although the quality varies wildly, we think is a good thing. The more information we share together the better.
We have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this project. One question we always seem to get is why do we offer our "intellectual property" at such time and expense to assist other malpractice and accident lawyers? There are three answers. First, our lawyers are dedicated to continuing to educate other lawyers. Miller & Zois are committed to giving back to the legal community.
The second is that a rising tide lifts all boats. When other lawyers do not provide the best representation, that is reflected in the client's settlement or verdict. Bad outcomes drive down the value of personal injury cases for all of us.
The third reason is more pragmatic. We are looking for referrals in serious injury and wrongful death cases. If you have a serious case and feel like you need help, give Ron Miller a call at 800-553-8082. He will be glad to talk to you. Not for nothing, we aggressive attorneys' fee splits with referring lawyers consistent with Maryland Rule 1.5 and local rules in other jurisdiction in cases outside of Maryland.
If you are a personal injury lawyer in Maryland, you know that venue is everything. A case in Baltimore City might have twice the value as the same case on the Eastern Shore. We provide detailed analysis of the pros and cons of filing cases in specific venues by providing a review of specific counties
- Prince George's County [learn more]
- Baltimore City [learn more]
- Baltimore County [learn more]
- Anne Arundel County [learn more]
- Analysis of every other Maryland county
If you are looking for something you think we have online but you cannot find it, or if there is something we do not have that you believe we should post, drop us a line with your thoughts. Many lawyers have shared success stories of how they use our Help Center to achieve a just outcome for their clients. If you have one of these stories, please let us know! Good luck!