Baltimore County Jury Verdicts
Below is a list of recent jury verdicts and out-of-court settlements in motor vehicle collision and medical malpractice cases in Baltimore County. You can get more settlements and verdicts - and a word of caution on the use of this information - here.Sample Baltimore County Verdicts and Settlements
- 2014: $61,628 Verdict. A 78 year old retired insurance executive is traveling through an intersection in Catonsville, Maryland, when a woman fails to stop at a stop, causing a collision. The man suffers aggravation to a prior lumbar fusion injury, as well as experiences post concussive headaches. He files suit against the Defendant, a State Farm insured, claiming she failed to yield the right of way. He claims $7,628.35 in past medicals. He also claims an unspecified amount for future medical treatment, to treat his headaches sustained as a result of the accident. Defendant contends that the Plaintiff had pre-existing lower back problems, and that there is no objective proof of the headaches. A Baltimore County jury finds for the Plaintiff and awards him $11,628 for past and future medicals, and $50,000 for past pain and suffering.
- 2012: $1 Million. Plaintiff, a 67 year-old woman with diabetes suffers from an eye condition that required a retina specialist. As a result of the his treatment, the woman became legally blind. The defendants made no settlement offer.
- 2012: Defense Verdict. Plaintiff avers that a her bladder was perforation during urinary incontinence surgery were the surgeon inserted a vaginal sling. The woman developed multiple postoperative complications that landed her in the hospital for 40 days. The jury bought the idea that this injury was a known risk of the surgery and that the surgeon has met the standard of care.
- 2011: $148,863 Verdict. Plaintiff is driving on Route 40 when he loses control of his vehicle and collides with the left-side jersey wall. Plaintiff is stranded in his disabled vehicle when he is struck by the Defendant’s vehicle. Plaintiff suffers fractures in his hand, and sustains a near amputation of his dominant arm. Plaintiff argues that the Defendant had an opportunity to avoid the accident, while the Defendant argues that the Plaintiff is at fault because his stranded vehicle occupied a portion of the far left lane. Defendant additionally argues that Plaintiff’s injuries are a result of the collision with the jersey wall, not the collision between the two vehicles. A jury awards the Plaintiff $100,000.
- 2011: $100,000 Verdict. Plaintiff is a passenger in Defendant’s vehicle when Defendant strikes the curb and a tree at 1:25 a.m. (Lesson? Nothing good - nothing - happens at 1:25 a.m.) Plaintiff alleges Defendant is intoxicated and drove his vehicle in a negligent manner resulting in Plaintiff’s injuries. The jury awards $148,863.14 in damages to the Plaintiff, but judgment is entered at $100,000 per an agreement between the parties.
- 2010: $295,156 Verdict. Plaintiff is rear-ended and claims to suffer a mild traumatic brain injury as a result. At the time of the crash, the Defendant driver is driving a pick-up truck owned by his employer and is working within the scope of his employment. Plaintiff argues that the Defendant failed to follow at a safe distance and that Defendant’s employer is responsible because the driver is working at the time of the crash. The Defendant driver and employer admit liability, but the Plaintiff’s injuries are disputed. The jury awards $295,156 to the Plaintiff.
Our law has had a great deal of success in Baltimore County and throughout Maryland. Last year, we were able to obtain over $15 million for our clients in settlements and verdicts.
Because of our proximity to the area, we handle a number of cases for clients in Baltimore County, including Timonium, Towson, Cockeysville, Catonsville, Arbutus, Perry Hall, Dundalk, Essex, and Owings Mills. If you need an advocate for your case, call 800-553-8082 or get a free consultation.More on Baltimore County Personal Injury Cases
- Malpractice Hospital Lawsuits in Baltimore County
- Get jury verdicts and settlements in Baltimore City and learn more about the difference between cases in the county and the city.