Baltimore Personal Injury Settement Amounts
This is a sampling of jury verdicts and settlements in Baltimore personal injury accident and medical malpractice lawsuits. These claims have been handled either by our law firm or other lawyers in Maryland. You can see more Baltimore City jury verdicts and settlements here. It is also worth reviewing this page to see how we compiled these verdicts and what these cases tell you about the value of your own case. (You can also find some verdicts -- not our cases, by the way --that ended very badly here.)
If you really want to know the value of your case, the starting point is talking to someone who handles these claims day in and day out. If you want to learn more about your case, call us at 800-553-8082.Settlements and Verdicts in Baltimore City
- 2021, Baltimore City: $600,000 Verdict. A 60-something woman drove along Lake Avenue in Northeast Baltimore. She was T-boned. The woman fractured four ribs. She experienced residual pain. The woman could no longer work as a high school and college sports referee. She alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. The woman claimed she made a negligent left turn, failed to yield the right-of-way, and failed to watch the road. A Baltimore City jury awarded $600,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $34,770,292 Verdict. A woman delivered twin sons at Harbor Hospital. One of the twins was born healthy. However, the other one suffered hypoxia. He sustained permanent brain damage. The boy developed spastic quadriplegia. He required lifelong care. The boy’s mother alleged that Harbor Hospital’s staff delayed treating him. She received a $34,770,292 verdict.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $225,000 Verdict. A 29-year-old traffic officer was stopped on North Monroe Street in West Baltimore. She was rear-ended by a stolen vehicle that fled the scene. The woman suffered spinal sprains. She also sustained post-traumatic stress disorder. The woman underwent two months of physical therapy and counseling. She experienced permanent neck pain. The woman made a UIM claim against State Farm. A Baltimore City jury awarded $225,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $5,000,000 Verdict. A 9-year-old boy fractured his right femur while playing football at school. He also developed right thigh compartment syndrome. The boy underwent multiple procedures, including an open reduction internal fixation. He sustained permanent muscle mass loss and significant leg scarring. The boy’s mother alleged negligence against the school. She claimed its staff failed to timely call 9-1-1 and allowed students to play football, which violated school policy. The Baltimore City jury awarded $5,000,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $80,000 Verdict. A 48-year-old woman was struck while crossing the street. She suffered left elbow and rib fractures and a concussion. The woman underwent orthopedic care and physical therapy. She missed two months of work. The woman alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. She claimed he failed to watch for pedestrians. The Baltimore City jury awarded $80,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $30,000 Verdict. A 48-year-old man drove along Pulaski Highway. He was sideswiped. The man sprained and strained his left hand, left knee, and spine. He also suffered a chest bruise and headaches. The man underwent physical therapy. He also used a neck brace, lumbar support, and a heating pad. The man missed a month of work. He alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. The man claimed he illegally changed lanes and unsafely operated his vehicle. A Baltimore City jury awarded $30,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $104,987 Verdict. A man was struck at the intersection of Hillen Road and Woodbourne Avenue. He suffered significant injuries. The man alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. He claimed he failed to yield the right-of-way, watch the road, and properly control his vehicle. The Baltimore City jury awarded $104,987.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $55,000 Settlement. A cyclist was struck by a Department of Public Works vehicle. He died from his injuries. The man’s family alleged negligence against the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore. They claimed its employee failed to watch the road and avoid a collision. This case settled for $55,000.
- 2021, Baltimore City: $290,000 Verdict. A woman was struck head-on at the intersection of East 25th Street and North Calvert Street. She tore her right rotator cuff. The woman underwent shoulder surgery. She was left with right hand weakness. The woman also developed post-traumatic stress disorder and chronic headaches. She alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. The woman claimed he unsafely sped and failed to maintain an appropriate lookout. A Baltimore City jury awarded $290,000.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or by medical malpractice in the county, call us at 800-553-8082 or get a free case evaluation. Our law firm handles only serious personal injury claims in Maryland and Washington, D.C.