Sample Trial Transcript: Car Accident Case
Below is a sample trial transcript from an auto accident trial we tried in 2008. There was a stipulated verdict in the case. The case deals solely with the question of who was negligent in the car accident. The plaintiff alleged that a tanker-trailer carrying fuel oil cut him off in traffic, causing him to swerve into the adjacent lane, where he was struck from the rear by another vehicle. He filed suit against the owner of the tanker truck and the driver of the vehicle that struck him from the rear. The defendants claimed that plaintiff was responsible for the car accident. The case was tried on the issue of liability only, pursuant to a stipulated verdict agreement.
We like this case as a sample trial transcript because all three lawyers involved in the case are good, experienced, car accident lawyers and the issues well developed but simple so the reader gets a full range of what happens in a car accident trial. You can read the full transcript or break it out into individual pieces (if you open the full transcript, it is fairly large and may take a few moments to open). For more sample trial transcripts and witness outlines, click here.
Post Trial Motions 1-11
- More Actual Trial Testimony (samples of other trial testimony and other trial materials for lawyers and students preparing for moot court)
- Sample Demand Letter (sample personal injury demand letter)
- What Is the Value of My Personal Injury Case? (how lawyers and juries determine value)
- Handling Your Own Personal Injury Case (thoughts if you proceed without a lawyer)
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Help Center (lawyer's guide to handling personal injury cases with sample pleadings, interrogatories and other trial and trial preparation samples)
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog (commentary on issues facing the personal injury lawyer)
- Baltimore Injury Lawyer Blog (John Bratt's blog on Baltimore specific personal injury car accident, truck accident, and medical malpractice issues)