October 11, 2013
Prince George’s County Police
Police Records Center
4923 43rd Avenue
Hyattsville, Maryland 20781-2020
Re: Report Number: UNKNOWN
Driver of vehicle 1: Jennifer Johnson
Driver of vehicle 2: Joseph Payne
Date/Time of Accident: June 17, 2013; 3:30 p.m.
Location of Accident: Addison Road/Route 1
Investigative Officer: UNKNOWN
Our Client: Jennifer Jones
Send someone down to the police station to get the police report if you have a large case with a possible liability dispute. You really want to figure out who the witnesses and get their stories sooner rather than later. The police are often not racing to return these to lawyers as quickly as they possibly can.
Dear Sir or Madam:
Please send the police report for the above-captioned accident. Enclosed please find a check payable to Prince George’s County Police Department in the amount of $10.00 to cover fees.
Accordingly, would you kindly process my request for a copy of the accident report for the above described traffic accident as soon as possible.
Very truly yours,
Legal Assistant to Ronald V. Miller, Jr.
Related Articles and Samples
- Looking to Refer Your Personal Injury Case? (Miller & Zois splits fees with co-counsel consistent with Maryland Rule 1.5(e) with attorneys in Maryland and throughout the country)
- How to Obtain Police Reports in Maryland -information on getting police reports under new Maryland law
- Example Money Demand Letter
- What Is the Value of My Personal Injury Case? (how lawyers and juries determine value)
- Handling Your Own Personal Injury Case (for those handling your case without a lawyer, here are some things to keep in mind)
- Toolkit to Battle Insurance Companies guide for lawyers handling personal injury cases – includes sample depositions, trial transcripts, complaints, interrogatories, etc. along with inside information on each Maryland jurisdiction and each insurance company)