Below is a sample verdict sheet for a medical malpractice lawsuit. In a medical malpractice lawsuit, the verdict sheet typically itemizes each category of damages, as you will see in the example below.
Example Malpractice Verdict Sheet
PHYLLIS FRENCH, Plaintiff,
CHIAU WEN CHEN, Defendant.
CASE NO.: 24-C-20-001229-MM
- Do you find that Chiau Wen Chen failed to follow the standard of care on February 2, 2020 when he performed surgery on Phyllis French, and that this failure was a cause of an injury to Phyllis French?
YES ________ NO________
If you answer is NO, then stop and notify the bailiff. If you answer is YES then answer question number 2.
- What damages do you find for the Plaintiff, Phyllis French for:
Past Medical Expenses: __________________
Future Medical Expense: __________________
Past Lost Wages: __________________
Future Lost Wages: __________________
Non-economic damages to include physical injury and
the associated pain, suffering, inconvenience, and
physical impairment in the past and into the future: __________________
Jury Foreperson__________________________ Date:______________
More Malpractice Resources
- Sample Attorney Deposition of Medical Malpractice Doctor (defendant’s deposition)
- Sample Expert Report (report for certificate of merit in Maryland that is Walzer compliant)
- Sample Attorney Deposition of Defendant Doctor’s Medical Expert (defendant’s expert)
- Sample Medical Malpractice Complaint (sample Maryland med mal complaint)
- Requirements for Certificate of Merit in Maryland Malpractice Cases