Sample 30(B)(6) Deposition
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF MARYLAND
JAMES T. KIRK,
Case No ___________________
PLAINTIFF’S NOTICE OF 30(b)(6) DEPOSITION
PLAINTIFF’S NOTICE OF F.R.C.P. 30(b)(6) CORPORATE
DEPOSITION(S) OF DEFENDANT I-FLOW, CORPORATION
TO: DEFENDANT, I-FLOW CORPORATION
and ALL COUNSEL OF RECORD
FROM: JAMES T. KIRK
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that, pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Proceudre 30(b)(6), Plaintiff James T. Kirk, hereby notices the deposition of I-Flow Corporation as an organization on the topics detailed below. This deposition may be videotaped and Plaintiff provides notice to Defendant I-Flow and the other parties to this action that the deposition may be used at the time of trial. Defendant I-Flow shall identify the persons who will speak on its behalf on each topic below at least seven days before the deposition(s). The taking of this deposition may be adjourned from day to day until completed, and may occur over several days if more than one person is necessary to provide the information requested.
DATE OF DEPOSITION: February 14, 2010
LOCATION OF DEPOSITION: MILLER & ZOIS, LLC
7310 RITCHIE HIGHWAY; SUITE 1001
GLEN BURNIE, MARYLAND 21061
AND VIDEOGRAPHERS: LAD REPORTING
10 NORTH CALVERT STREET, SUITE 141
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21202
As used in this Notice, the term “document” means, without limitation, the following terms, whether printed or recorded or reproduced by any other mechanical process, or written or produced by hand: agreements, communications, State and Federal governmental hearings and reports, correspondence, telegrams, memoranda, summaries or records of telephone conversations, summaries or records of personal conversations or interviews, diaries, graphs, reports, notebooks, note charts, plans, drawings, sketches, maps, summaries or records of meetings or conferences, summaries or reports of investigations or negotiations, opinions or reports of consultants, radiographs, photographs, motion picture films, brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, circulars, press releases, drafts, letters, any marginal comments appearing on any document, and all other writings.
As used in this Notice, the term “Defendant” means, without limitation, the responding party.
As used in this Notice, the term “You” means the corporate defendant answering these requests, and any person acting on that corporation’s behalf.
As used in this Notice, the term “pain pump” shall mean a portable or disposable anesthetic drug delivery system with a medication reservoir, a pump and at least one catheter for medication delivery to a localized part of the body and which was intended or known by you to be used in orthopedic joint surgery, or which was sold by you to buyers who planned to use it in orthopedic joint surgery.
When you are asked to “identify” a particular employee or person, you are to provide that person’s full name, current or last job title, and current physical work address if still employed by you; if the person is not still employed by you, provide the last known address, phone numbers, e-mail address or other available contact information.
You are advised that you must designate one or more officers, directors, managing agents, or other persons who will testify on your behalf regarding the matters listed in Schedule A which are known or reasonably available to Defendant I-Flow Corp.
- The insurance policies and coverage (whether self-insurance, excess insurance, primary insurance, and secondary insurance) available to satisfy all or part of any claims brought against I-Flow Corporation for injuries caused by its pain pumps for all years from 1995 to present.
- The financial coverage available or remaining on any policy of insurance to the extent that any of the insurance policies are wasting policies (insurance coverage that is depleted by attorney’s fees), or otherwise have been reduced by the payment of claims, or for any other reason.
- The current net worth of the company, including but not limited to the assets and liabilities of the company.
DATED: ________ ____, 2009 Respectfully submitted,
Ronald V. Miller, Jr.
John J. Cord
Miller & Zois, LLC
Empire Towers, Suite 1001
7310 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
(410) 760-8922 (Fax)
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
- Deposition Transcripts (example depositions)
- Sample Discovery (sample discovery in a personal injury auto accident, truck accident and medical malpractice cases in Maryland)
- Maryland Personal Injury Lawyer Help Center (examples and resources for personal injury lawyers handling accident, product liability, nursing home abuse and neglect, and medical malpractice cases)
- Maryland Accident Law Blog (blog for Maryland personal injury lawyers discussing legal news, discovery and trial tactics, and Maryland law)
- Preparing Your Client for Deposition (information for personal injury lawyers preparing their client for a deposition)
- Using a Translator in Depositions (tips on how to make the deposition proceed smoothly using an interpreter)
- Auto Accident Depositions Techniques: How Fast? (blog post by Ron Miller on the Trial Lawyers Resource Center blog on deposition techniques in cases where liability is in dispute and speed is at issue).
- Accident Lawyer Blog (blog discussing personal injury and medical malpractice issues around the country)
- Maryland Lawyer Blog (discussing Maryland legal issues)