Sample Personal Injury Complaints
Our law firm handles exclusively tort claims. We have filed suit in virtually every possible type of personal injury claim. Below are a list of sample complaints we have filed in specific types of claims.
- Auto Accident
- Truck Collision
- Wrongful Death/Survival Action
- General Negligence
Liability (industrial death case)
- Another product liability medical device suit
- Uninsured Motorist #1
- Medical Malpractice (OB/GYN) (in Microsoft Word)
- Nursing Home Wrongful Death
- PIP Benefits
- Strict Liability
- Loss of Consortium (lawsuit language for spouse bring a claim)
For non-lawyers, a complaint is legal document that sets a claim into motion. It must set forth at the the basic facts and legal justification for the filing of the lawsuit as well as the people or companies that the plaintiff believes is responsible for his/her injuries, setting forth the general facts that comprise the lawsuit, the legal theories, and in most jurisdictions, a specific request for monetary relief. It also sets forth the jurisdictional basis for filing in that particular court (i.e., why the court receiving the claim is the appropriate court to hear the case.)
The days of form suits are long gone. A lawsuit has to be tailored to the specific facts of the claim. Lawyers need not set forth in the suit every single detail relevant to their claim. It must, however, set forth the legal justification and all necessary legal facts to support the legal justification.
If you are looking for co-counsel for a personal injury claim or lawsuit in Maryland, call Ron Miller or Laura Zois at 800-553-8082 or click here with questions about your potential referral.
- More Sample Lawsuits (more sample complaints in other types of civil cases)
- Get Sample Discovery (sample depositions, interrogatories, and other discovery templates)
- Get Sample Pleadings
- Help Center (a guide for personal injury lawyers - free samples of anything and everything related to handling personal injury claims from intake through trial)
This content was prepared by Miller & Zois attorney Ronald V. Miller, Jr.