Our lawyers handle claims against Esurance. If you have a claim, call us today at 800-553-8082.
Esurance is an Allstate product, packaged in what is intended to be hip, new packaging. Their motto is “Insurance for the Modern World.” We’re not sure what that means — it looks like the same services, the same ability to buy online, and the same types of settlement offers.
But these folks sure do know how to market. They have a jazzy cartoon avatar with purple hair, though, so that’s something. It is, however, technically separate from Allstate. They are ranked as the 41st private automobile insurance company with a market share of 0.32% and $11,989,891 in premiums. Esurance also offers commercial auto policies, property insurance, and health and life insurance.
Esurance’s Operating Territory
Esurance has 2,000 employees in 15 offices nationwide. The closest offices to us are in Maryland. D.C., Virginia, and Pennsylvania, so they have a strong east coast presence.
It is only licensed to provide automobile insurance in 34 states: Maryland, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Settlement of Esurance Accident Claims
Our lawyers are just now beginning to see more and more Esurance policies. In general, everything that we have said before about Allstate (not so good hands) is true of Esurance.
In our opinion (some attorneys differ), it is not the worst insurance company for resolving claims, but it doesn’t win any gold medals for fairness, either. Like Allstate, Esurance uses Colossus to help them value (read: undervalue) traffic collision injury claims. Like any other insurance company, we give it a reasonable effort to settle Esurance’s case.
If those efforts appear to be wasted, our accident change gears and quickly file a car accident lawsuit. Once a lawsuit is filed, a defense attorney will enter his/her appearance, and will typically bring a fresh set of eyes to the case. Sometimes they can make their insurance overseers see reason and make a good settlement payout more of a possibility.
- You don’t want a lawyer? You are likely making a mistake. But you can make your own claim with Esurance at 800-378-7262. Esurance also lets you make a claim online.
Esurance Example Settlement Amounts
Below are example settlement amount and jury payouts in personal injury car accident lawsuits involving Esurance.
- 2021, New Jersey: $15,000 Settlement. A minor pedestrian was struck in a hit-and-run collision. She sustained a fractured right clavicle. The girl’s mother made a UIM claim against Esurance. She received a $15,000 settlement.
- 2020, Florida: $25,000 Settlement. A man was T-boned. He suffered personal injuries, including the aggravation of a pre-existing condition. The man made a UIM claim against Esurance. This case settled for $25,000.
- 2020, California: $100,232 Settlement. A 14-year-old passenger rode in his aunt’s vehicle. They were sideswiped. The boy suffered multiple injuries, including a neck sprain. His mother made a UIM claim against Esurance. This case settled for $100,232.
- 2020, Virginia: $25,000 Settlement. A minor passenger was rear-ended by an Esurance-insured driver. She suffered multiple injuries. The girl’s father alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. He agreed to settle with Esurance for $25,000.
- 2020, Pennsylvania: $26,697 Arbitration Award. A couple was struck. They suffered soft-tissue neck, back, left arm, shoulder, and leg injuries. The couple alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. They claimed he failed to operate his vehicle safely. The couple also made a UIM claim against Esurance. Following arbitration, the couple received $26,697.
- 2020, New York: $7,500 Settlement. A 12-year-old girl was struck head-on by an Esurance-insured driver. She suffered cervical and lumbar strains. The girl’s father alleged negligence against the at-fault driver. They claimed he failed to maintain his lane of travel and safely operate his vehicle. This case settled for $7,500.
- 2019, Wisconsin: $25,000 Settlement. A minor girl rode with her mother. An uninsured vehicle them. The girl suffered personal injuries. The girl’s mother made a UIM claim against Esurance. This case settled for $25,000.
- 2019, Michigan: $1,006,615 Verdict. A woman lost control of her vehicle. She struck a tree. The woman suffered a right leg injury, a lung contusion, a kidney injury, and a traumatic brain injury as well as left humerus, pelvis, clavicle, lumbar spine, and rib fractures. She underwent an above-the-knee amputation. The woman made a no-fault benefits claim with Esurance, who investigated her claim. The woman filed suit against them, seeking payment for her no-fault benefits. This case settled for $1,006,615.
Our Lawyers Can Help You With Your Esurance Accident Claim
If you’ve been in an accident with a driver insured by Esurance, contact us at 800-553-8082 or online for a free consultation. We can resolve your automobile accident claim one way or another, whether by settlement or lawsuit.
More On Esurance
- Esurance offers “family deal” car insurance to people in domestic partnerships and civil unions in 21 new states across the country [learn more]
- Esurance’s efforts to deny responsibility in the wrongful death case after the car was sold ends with a settlement [learn more]
- $1.3 million settlement in Allstate case where the victim was degloved [learn more]
Automobile Insurance Companies: A Comparison
- Allstate [learn more]
- State Farm [learn more]
- GEICO [learn more]
- Progressive [learn more]
- Zurich [learn more]
- Liberty Mutual [learn more]
- Nationwide [learn more]
- USAA [learn more]
- Amica [learn more]
- Erie [learn more]
- MAIF [learn more]
- Encompass [learn more]
- Safeco [learn more]
- Northland [learn more]
- Ameriprise [learn more]
More Information on Automobile Claims and Lawsuits
- What Do You Need to Do After an Auto Accident?
- Who Is Better Esurance or Progressive? (This article misses the point. They are both awful if you are a car accident lawyer.)
- Placing money values on PI cases
- Tips for personal injury victims
- Handling property damage claims)
- Asking for money: letter to the insurance company for compensation in a settlement
- Car crash stats (underscores why insurance companies treat you as a statistic)
- Get help: samples of documents and advice for other lawyers handling Esurance accident settlements and lawsuits
- Contact us at 800-553-8082 to discuss how we can help you with your accident claim against Allstate in Maryland and around the country