Now owned by mega insurance company Travelers, Northland Insurance is one of the largest providers of long-haul truck insurance in the country. Northland has been insuring trucks for over 60 years. Northland’s main offers are in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Hartford, Connecticut.
When we think of Northland, we think of truck accident cases. But Northland provides auto insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and tool and equipment floater insurance. Northland also insures, according to them, “limousines and shuttle operations, owners of small businesses and others whose businesses include transporting people or goods.”
You rarely see Northland as in the insurance company in serious injury and wrongful death truck accident cases. Why? Both Northland and Travelers have a history of settling serious truck accident cases before the cases reach trial. Trucking companies typically pay
- Sample settlements and verdicts involving Northland in truck accident cases
- How are truck accident cases valued?
A truck accident insurance company like Northland is required to provide coverage limits on trucks that exceed what you typically expect from a passenger car. The minimum liability insurance allowed by trucking companies depends upon the size of the truck. As you would expect, the larger the truck or the greater the risk presented by the truck, the higher the minimum insurance requirements:
- $ 750,000 for vehicles over 10,000 pounds carrying nonhazardous freight;
- $1,000,000 for those hauling hazardous materials and oil; and
- $5,000,000 for trucks operating portable tanks, capacity over 3,500 gallons, passenger trucks.
Getting a Truck Accident Lawyer
Our law firm has successfully resolved truck accident claims against Northland. If you have been injured in a truck accident in which the at-fault truck driver is insured by Northland Insurance and you have a question about your claim, call us at 800-553-8082 or click here for a free consultation.
More Truck Accident Information
- Sample truck accident settlements and verdicts nationally
- Old Republic and Auto-Owners are also trucking companies with significant market share