Union Memorial Hospital Mercy Medical Center is a teaching hospital owned by MedStar located in Charles Village, close to downtown Baltimore City. It was founded in 1854, and now employs 650 physicians and over 2,500 employees.
Union Memorial has 249 beds and emphasizes its orthopedics - which has some of the best doctors in the world - and cardiac care departments. It also has a general surgery department and emergency medicine services.
The hospital sees over 58,000 emergency room visits per year and brings in over $400 million in revenue. A few years ago the hospital opened a helipad for transport of patients which is obviously a big deal in getting serious injury patients treated quickly.Where To File Union Memorial Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Union Memorial Hospital is located in Baltimore City, which is a preferred venue for Maryland medical malpractice lawsuits. Sometimes pre-lawsuit negotiations can be fruitful, but if a lawsuit is necessary, Baltimore City Circuit Court typically offers a good pool of jurors. Our firm has had a lot of success with malpractice and other tort claim in this jurisdiction.Union Memorial Hospital's Medical Center's Defense Team
As part of the MedStar system, Union Memorial Hospital is usually defended by Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann, one of the premier medical malpractice defense firms in Maryland. It has also been defended by lawyers from Gleason, Flynn, Emig & Fogleman; and Wharton Levin Ehrmantraut & Klein.
Lawsuits Against Union MemorialBelow are recently filed lawsuits against Union Memorial and a summary of the allegations in the claims.
- 2016: Moyer v. Union Memorial Hospital - failure to perform mitral valve surgery causing wrongful death
- 2016: Peaks v. Union Memorial Hospital – detained patient without cause
- 2016: Murray v. Union Memorial Hospital – failure to address patient’s condition resulting in foot amputation
- 2016: Pittman v. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital – failure to determine and treat condition, wrongful death
- 2015: Boucher v. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital – failure to recognize symptoms of B-12 deficiency
- 2015: King v. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital – failure to remove gauze in nose after surgery
- 2015: Williams v. Union Memorial Hospital – failure to provide patient with appropriate care, wrongful death
The first step in determining whether you have a medical malpractice case is for you or your lawyer to obtain your medical records. Hospital records from Union Memorial can be retrieved from:
Union Memorial Hospital Medical Records Department
201 E. University Parkway, Room B32
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
If you believe that you have a medical malpractice lawsuit against Baltimore's Union Memorial Hospital, or any other hospital in Maryland, contact our medmal lawyers at 1.800.553.8082, or send us a free internet request for consultation.Medical Malpractice in Other Maryland Hospitals
- Harbor Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Baltimore-Washington Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- An Overview of Hospital Malpractice Claims
- Sample Hospital Malpractice Complaint
- Malpractice issues relating to hospital infections
- Example of hospital's expert designations