Maryland Car Accidents Claims
Our lawyers handle involve auto and truck collisions in the Baltimore-Washington area. We handle only serious injury claims.
We have an amazing history of success in settling and taking cases to trial. Our attorneys at Miller & Zois have prevailed at trial in hundreds of traffic injury cases in Maryland. We have successfully settled thousands of cases for clients. We recovered over $15 million in compensation for victims by settlement or trial in 2013 and looking to improve on that in 2014.
Lawyers, doctors, law clerks, former jurors, expert witnesses, and even insurance claim adjusters turn to our law firm when they or someone they care for has been badly hurt. Look at our resume, our reviews, the awards we have won, and more importantly, the results we achieve. We believe we are the top car accident lawyers in Maryland.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in a car collision, call us today at 800-553-8082 or get a free consultation on-line.
Maryland Accident Lawyer Information Center
The primary purpose of this website is to provide information to both Maryland traffic accident victims and lawyers through our Victim Help Center and our critically acclaimed Lawyer Help Center, which is designed to assist lawyers in Maryland in handling accident claims.
Miller & Zois Personal Injury Trial Verdicts & Settlements
- $8,000,000 Car Crash Verdict
- $5,500,000 Surgical Mistake Verdict
- $2,500,000 Medical Mistake Verdict
- $2,500,000 Malpractice Settlement
- $2,100,000 Product Defect Settlement
- $1,300,000 Truck Crash Settlement
- $1,200,000 Truck Crash Settlement
- $1,100,000 Truck Crash Settlement
- $1,100,000 Medical Mistake Verdict
- $1,000,050 Truck Crash Verdict
- $1,000,000 Car Crash Settlement
- $1,000,000 Truck Crash Settlement
Talk to a Lawyer at 800-553-8082 or Get an On-Line Consultation
We talk about the issues that matter to our clients. The first thing you want to know when you are hurt is the value of your motor vehicle accident case and how it is calculated.
This is the most important question for our clients in any tort case. We cannot give you an exact answer but we provided a ton of information, including average settlement and verdict data and sample details about cases we have settled or won at trial.
In this arena, you need counsel who are willing to stand and fight. Negligent drivers are almost always represented by a lawyer from an insurance company who is paid to prevent the injured victim from receiving fair compensation for the injuries the victim has suffered, using arcane rules and laws to try to defeat your chance at a fair financial recovery.
The take home message: If you are badly hurt, you need someone with skill, experience, and a reputation for success on your side. You need to have the best to stand up for you.
Our Law Firm
We have a track record of success. Here are our 20 most recent verdicts (updated March 7, 2014).
- $5,500,000 Malpractice Verdict (no settlement offer)
- $940,000 Car Accident ($140,000 offer)
- $216,859 Car Accident ($25,000 offer)
- $250,000 Medical Malpractice (no offer)
- $291,000 Car Accident ($8,200 offer)
- $0 Car Accident (settlement with another defendant; no other offer)
- $194,000 Car Accident ($31,000 offer)
- $105,000 Car Accident (no offer)
- $0 Car Accident (no offer; client received $100,000 policy limits in related case)
- $37,000 ($3,500 offer)
- $340,000 Car Accident (no offer)
- $3,000 Car Accident ($12,000 offer)
- $663,000 Car Accident ($20,000 offer)
- $551,000 Car Accident ($100,000 offer)
- $0 Malpractice Verdict (still on appeal)
- $2.5 Million Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice (no offer)
- $1.1 Million Medical Malpractice (no offer)
- $1.0 Million Truck Crash ($25,000 offer)
- Quick statement of the obvious: Each injury case is different. Our past record of success is no guarantee of a favorable result in any future case
The partners at Miller & Zois used to work for insurance companies. We know the tricks that they expect will prevent you from recovering the damages to which you are entitled. Lawyers Weekly USA characterized the benefits of our training with the insurance companies when they wrote that as former defense counsel, Miller & Zois "knows the other side's playbook." In fact, we know the "playbook" for any insurance company that you will see in a car insurance claim in this state:
You can get the inside information on all of these companies - and many more - here.
Why does this matter? Victims need an advocate who knows which punches these insurance companies will throw at you... and how to block them.
We know how to overcome the roadblocks these insurance companies throw up in order to give our clients the best chance of receiving the maximum possible recovery for their claim.
Ultimately, greedy insurance companies don't care about the fact that you are hurt or financially devastated. They don't mind being unfair and telling you that your health insurance is the only answer. Insurers just care about hanging on to their money and pretending that your tragedy is just a little mishap. To them, asking for more compensation than just your medical bills is just you trying to get a windfall. But we will tell you what we tell juries: pain, suffering and agony is the worst harm in any serious case.
Miller & Zois has represented auto crash victims for almost every imaginable mishap (and some you could not imagine) in a traffic collision, including:
- wrongful death
- spinal cord injuries,
- other back injuries,
- herniated discs,
- brain damage and other head trauma,
- rotator cuff tear,
- other permanent injuries
Our firm often represents the family of victims killed in fatal traffic crashes in Maryland. A disproportionate number of these wrongful death cases involve pedestrians and motorcycles who have little chance against motor vehicles.
How to Select the Best Advocate for You
We handles cases in every Maryland county and Baltimore City. To be successful, you have to know the jurisdiction well. You can get here an analysis of every jurisdiction in Maryland here.
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle, truck, or vehicular crash in Maryland, you need to find a lawyer with the skills and ability to best maximize the value of your claim, either by settlement or trial. Before choosing an attorney, you should be looking at whether they have the credentials and experience to handle you case and get you compensation you deserve for what you have endured.
There are important questions to ask. Does the firm focus exclusively on tort cases and, specifically, serious motor vehicle crashes? Does the law firm have a history of seven figure verdicts and settlements in car and truck collision cases?
Does the firm have a history of getting verdicts at trial far in excess of the settlement offer made? Certainly, the insurance company fighting your accident claim reviews exactly who are the best Maryland car collision lawyers. Insurance companies factor in the lawyers' history of success at trial in calculating your settlement offer both before and after a lawsuit is filed.
Good, experienced counsel who focus on these types of cases can help you to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We believe we have the best accident lawyers in Maryland. We always tell perspective clients, "Don't just call us. Call a few Maryland attorneys and measure us against each other. Ask the lawyer you call if you don't hire him/her, ask which law firm would you hire?" Many more times than not, we think you are going to hear the name Miller & Zois.
Contact Our Law Firm
What You Get From Us
- No Fee or Cost Unless Recovery
- Home and Hospital Visits
- Weekend and Evening Appointments
- History of Success
- Personalized Service and Attention
- Devotion to Maximizing Your Recovery
- Advance of All Expenses
- Free Case Consultation and Evaluation
- And.. We Care About You
If you have been badly hurt in a vehicular accident, finding a Maryland car accident attorney will not be hard. Finding a truly skilled and reputable counsel who is a true advocate, has a track record in these fights of getting big settlements and suing these companies and getting large verdicts, is another matter entirely. Take a deep breath, do you research, and make the right choice.
It is an important choice. If you have been seriously hurt, you need counsel with the experience to sort through your complicated legal and medical issues and stand up to the insurance companies. You need someone who is going to exhaust every possible means of recovery
We know how to put the case together, to work with police, the witnesses, the medical experts... and, most importantly, with insurance companies and, if necessary, juries. We fight every single day for fair compensation - and then some - for traffic wreck victims.
If you have been hurt at the wheel in a traffic collision, call 1-800-553-8082 to speak to Maryland counsel experienced in handling these claims or get a free on-line no obligation consultation requesting information or a phone call.
Nuts and Bolts Maryland Accident Information
- Personal injury protection: learn how PIP works and what you options are in bring a PIP claim in Maryland
- Property damage claims: how to bring these claims and how to fight back against insurance companies who are trying to nickle and dime you.
- Write a winning demand letter
- Information if you are trying to handle you own case (if you injuries are serious, you are making a huge mistake)
- Trying to better understand the value of these cases: a look a different jurisdictions and different
Specific Types of Motor Vehicle Crash Claims
- Claims against drunk drivers: are they different?
- Pedestrian accidents: if you are on foot, you have no steel protection in a crash and it makes those injuries very serious at all but the slowest speeds
- Fatal car accidents: what you need to know
- Freeway crashes: high speeds = high injuries
- Broadside crashes cause a full third of highway deaths
- Same for aggressive driving crashes
- Distracted driving accidents: texting, changing the radio, arguing on the phone, etc., can all lead to serious crashes
- Construction site motor vehicle accidents: a million mistakes happen on the worksites and often innocent motorist are the ones who pay for them
- Is there anyone to sue in animal caused traffic crashes?
- Unsafe lane changes and failure to keep vehicle in appropriate lane: these cases result in more than half of the death cases in Maryland
- Chain reaction crashes: these have some of unique features from the plaintiffs' perspective
- Single vehicle collisions: under what scenario can their be a recovery?
- Roadside and distressed vehicle crashes: discussion and sample verdicts and settlements in these dangerous traffic accident cases
- Rear end accident in Maryland = presumption the rear-ender caused the collision