LIBERTY MUTUAL: AUTO ACCIDENT CLAIMS AND SETTLEMENTS
Liberty Mutual is one of the 5th largest insurance companies in the United States. Liberty Mutual is an almost 100 year-old, $100 billion company providing car insurance and other property and casualty insurance. Personal injury and accident lawyers see a lot of Liberty Mutual because they offer so many different types of policies where our worlds collide: car, homeowners, workers compensation and general liability are just some of the types of insurance polices Liberty Mutual offers.
Liberty Mutual's sales pitch is responsibility, as in “we take responsibility.” Historically, there was truth to this: Liberty Mutual was more reasonable than most insurance companies, at least in attorney represented cases. But in recent years, possibly after it purchased SAFECO a few years ago, Liberty Mutual appears to have changed. They are slower in responding to claims and are making less reasonable offers in Maryland accident cases, necessitating more lawsuits against Liberty Mutual insureds. Maryland accident lawyers are also frustrated with Liberty Mutual’s new releases to settle claims, which require the injury victim to give up rights that have nothing to do with the claim against the Liberty Mutual insured.
Law Offices of Jonathan P. Stebenne are Liberty Mutual’s in-house lawyers in Baltimore and they cover the majority of Liberty Mutual car accident claims in Maryland. (The Law Offices of Chris Costabile covers Washington D.C. in-house accident claims.) Jon Stebenne is a good, well respected lawyer, as are most of the lawyers in his office. But the decisions as to how to handle claims are being made by Liberty Mutual insurance adjusters whose goal it is to minimize or eliminate your right to money damages for your injuries.
Our Maryland accident lawyers have handled a lot of car accident and other serious injury claims against Liberty Mutual Insurance. If you have a Liberty Mutual car accident or other claim and would like to speak to a lawyer, call Miller & Zois at 800-553-8082 or get a free online consultation from an accident lawyer.
More Resources in Dealing With Liberty Mutual in Accident Claims
- Valuing Personal Injury Cases (how much is your case worth?)
- Handling Personal Injury Claims Without a Lawyer (tips for personal injury victims)
- Handling Your Property Damage Claim (tips for auto accident property damage claims)
- Sample Demand Letter (letter to insurance company for compenation by settlement)
- Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions (questions about handling claims against Liberty Mutual and other auto insurance companies)
- Dealing with Insurance Companies (analysis of individual insurance companies)
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Help Center (samples of everything and anything a car accident lawyer needs to handle an auto accident lawsuit against Liberty Mutual)
- Maryland Accident Claims (an overview)