A Look at Medical Malpractice Claims Involving This Hospital
Harbor Hospital, owned by MedStar, is located in Baltimore City, Maryland overlooking the Patapsco River. It has 179 hospital beds, and is a teaching hospital, with much of the care being provided by internal medicine residents (doctors who have completed medical school, but who are learning about a particular specialty).
The hospital has a particular focus on internal medicine (including primary care), orthopedics - they are the official medical team of the Baltimore Ravens - cancer care and women's services (including gynecology and labor & delivery ), but it does have a very busy ER as every hospital downtown does.Where To File Harbor Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Because the hospital is located in Baltimore City, the majority of Harbor Hospital medical malpractice cases are filed in Baltimore City Circuit Court . Baltimore City has a good reputation for fair jury verdicts, and plaintiffs' lawyers often choose Baltimore City, even when other venues are available.Verdicts and Reported Cases
Harbor Hospital was subject to a $21 million Baltimore City jury verdict in July 2012 -- that was a birth injury mistake case, where failure on the part of the delivery team caused a child to be born with severe cerebral palsy.Harbor Hospital's Defense Team
As part of the MedStar system, Harbor Hospital is typically defended in medical malpractice lawsuits by attorneys Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann (Donald DeVries), or Armstrong, Donohue, Ceppos, Vaughan & Rhoades (Benjamin Vaughan). These firms have very good medical malpractice reputations. When you have a serious malpractice case against one of these firms, you need to bring your "A" game.
Ordering Records from Harbor Hospital
Every medical malpractice case begins with a review of the medical records. Any medical malpractice lawyer will tell you that they have seen many potential claims that appeared to be obvious malpractice, only later to find reasonable explanations for the care in the medical records. Conversely, sometimes what appears to be a questionable case becomes much stronger by seeing what the doctors did - or did not do - for the patient.
To collect medical records from Suburban Hospital, send correspondence to:
Lawsuits Against Harbor Hospital
Attention: Medical Records Department
3001 S. Hanover Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21225
Below are medical malpractice lawsuits that have been filed against the hospital and a summary of the allegations in the case.
- 2016: Sinsky v. Harbor Hospital - failure to recognize a bowel injury during a hysterectomy
- 2015: Fogler v. Harbor Hospital – bowel perforation during procedure, leading to septic shock and death
- 2015: Wing v. Harbor Hospital – failure to properly treat cancer, leading to permanent radiation toxicity
- 2015: Peterson v. Harbor Hospital – perforation of patient’s colon during colonoscopy
- 2015: Richmond v. Harbor Hospital – failure to diagnose and treat infant following delivery
- 2014: Butler v. Harbor Hospital – failure to promptly triage and treat patient resulting in death by cardiac arrest
- 2014: Dennison v. Harbor Hospital – failure to properly review brain scan, resulting in wrongful death
If you were injured at Harbor Hospital or any other hospital in Maryland, contact our medical malpractice lawyers at 1.800.553.8082, or send us a free internet request for consultation . We have worked with medical experts in every specialty, and we can help you determine whether you qualify for a lawsuit.Hospital Specific Malpractice
- An Overview of Hospital Malpractice Claims
- An Overview of Medical Malpractice Claims in Maryland
- Sample Hospital Malpractice Complaint
- Hospital Infections : malpractice issues relating to hospital infections
- Sample Expert Designations : example of hospital's expert designations