Mercy Medical Center is located in the heart of downtown Baltimore City. Tracing its roots back to 1874, it now provides services in a wide range of medical specialties. They include internal medicine, obstetrics, and gynecology, vascular health, urology, pediatrics, gastroenterology, cardiology, cosmetic surgery, ophthalmology, rehabilitative care, cancer care, and emergency medicine.Where To File Mercy Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Mercy is located in Baltimore City, which has a reputation as a good place for victims of medical malpractice to file lawsuits. Baltimore City Circuit Court generally has thoughtful jurors. Our law firm's last verdict in Baltimore City in a medical malpractice case was for $10 million. There are no slam dunks. If there was no malpractice, you are not going to get a verdict in Baltimore. But if the doctor or hospital committed malpractice, you are likely to get a fair award.Mercy Medical Center's Defense Team
Mercy is typically defended by Craig Merkle and Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann, one of the premier medical malpractice defense firms in Maryland. Mercy has also been defended in the past by Gallagher, Evelius & Jones.Ordering Medical Records from Mercy Medical Center
To determine whether a medical malpractice lawsuit can be filed, attorneys and experts must first examine the medical records. We will gladly do this at no risk to you if we agree to review your malpractice claim. But if you prefer to order your own records, send a request to:
Recent Lawsuits Against Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Medical Center
345 St. Paul Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Fax: (410) 332-0336
- 2019 - Trujillo v. Mercy Medical Center - doctor closes wound with wrong type of sutures
- 2019 - Tringali v. Mercy Medical Center - medical malpractice due to doctor error during surgery
- 2019 - Boughner v. Mercy Medical Center - failure to diagnose aortic dissection
- 2019 - Green v. Mercy Medical Center - spinal anesthesia overdose brain injury claim
- 2019 - Reeder v. Mercy Medical Center - bowel obstruction wrongful death case
- 2017 - Milad v. Mercy Medical Center: anesthesia extubation wrongful death case
- 2017 - Morton v. Mercy Medical Center: another anesthesia lawsuit claiming that too much anesthesia lead to her
- 2017 - Dixon v. Mercy Medical Center: failure to diagnose a heart attack
- 2017 - Mahon v. Mercy Medical Center: failure to diagnose sepsis
- 2017 - Phillips v. Mercy Medical Center; untreated hematoma after laminectomy
For some reason, there seems to be a recent rash of anesthesia medical malpractice lawsuits against Mercy.
The typical settlement value of a medical malpractice lawsuit against Mercy Hospital is around $400,000 to $700,000. This is slightly above the national average for settlements in hospital malpractice cases, which is $425,000. Jurors in Baltimore City are more inclined to give a victim a fair shake in Baltimore compared to most Maryland counties.
The average value of a jury verdict in a Mercy malpractice case is also higher than the national average for verdicts in hospital malpractice cases, which is just over $1 million.
Over 70% of plaintiffs who file a medical malpractice case against Mercy Hospital end up getting money either in a settlement or a jury verdict. That statistics is based on a non-scientific look at claims filed against it and their outcomes.
The chances of winning or getting a settlement in a hospital malpractice case are statistically higher than cases against doctors or other healthcare professionals. Mercy and other hospital defendants are much more motivated to settle valid medical malpractice cases compared to individual doctors. Hospitals do not get quite the same benefit of jury sympathy.
It is also true that hospitals prefer to avoid the bad press associated with big malpractice verdicts. So the malpractice claims that Mercy does let go to trial usually have facts that are very favorable for the hospital.
The primary factor that drives the potential settlement value of a malpractice case against Mercy Hospital is how badly the victim was injured. If the medical negligence at Mercy results in serious, life altering injuries or death, the case will have a much higher settlement value.
If you believe that you have a medical malpractice lawsuit against Baltimore's Mercy Medical Center, its nursing home, or any other hospital in Maryland, contact our med mal lawyers at 1.800.553.8082. You can also start online by sending a free internet request consultation.General Medical Malpractice Information
- Maryland Malpractice Overview: what to expect
- Maryland Malpractice Frequently Asked Questions
- Discussion of Hospital Malpractice Claims