Although patients at Calvert Memorial Hospital generally receive very high-quality care and treatment in auto and truck accident cases, it can sometimes be a challenge to collect records from Calvert Memorial because there are literally six different possible location to collect medical records after an emergency room visit.
Here is a list of the six different locations personal injury attorneys must send HIPAA authorizations to collect medical bills and records from Calvert Memorial Hospital.
- Learn about handling personal injury and wrongful death cases in Calvert County
- In 2021, the cost of for medical records collection is a preparation fee of no more than $22.88 (this cannot be charged to patients), plus a fee of not more than 76 cents per page copied. Is this ridiculously high? Yes.
- Overview of medical malpractice claims
- How to collect medical records quickly and cheaply
Like any hospital, this is a laborious process. Invariably, you request is going to get ignored by one of the sub-providers in the hospital. First, you need to know when payment is due for the records collected. Sometimes, they require prepayment. But they just do not tell you that they do.
If you have that straight, you have to pick up the phone and start calling people. Document the call. Get the names of the person you are speaking to so you can call them back and say, "Gina, I talked to you last week and you said you were going to send these records out. Do you know what the delay is about?" This last bit of advice is true anytime you are collecting medical records.
Here is more information on collecting medical bills involving this hospital and Calvert County in general:
- Records: Requests for the hospital can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410.414.4666
- Bills: Mailed to Calvert Health Medical Center, 100 Hospital Road, Prince Frederick, Md. 20678 Attn: Patient Accounts
- Physicians: Alteon Health – requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radiology: American Radiology – request go through chartswap.com