Value of Fractured or Broken Leg Personal Injury Cases
Nationally, the median compensatory award for leg fractures is $141,847 according to Jury Verdict Research, a company that provides detailed statistics from jury verdicts.
The awards for leg fracture cases vary wildly depending upon the the type of accident and the type of leg fracture. For example, for a fibula or tibia fracture, the median recovery is approximately $85,000. Not surprisingly, that number more than doubles to $167,000 for a femur fracture which is a far more significant injury.
It is also worth remembering that the median is different from the average. The average femur fracture verdict is $482,273, which is certainly elevated by one verdict in excess of $4 million. The average tibia or fibula fracture is $265,882, aided by a verdict in excess of $4.5 million.
For multiple leg fracture cases, the mean and median verdicts rise to $596,618 and $192,762, respectively.
Here are a few other median verdicts relating to leg fracture cases:
Getting a Lawyer to Help You Maximize the Value of Your Broken Leg Claim
Our law firm handles, among other things, serious injury accidents involving broken or fractured legs in Maryland and throughout the country. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious leg injury as the result of the negligence of someone else, call us at 800-553-8082 or click here for a free Internet consultation.
Other Injury Settlement and Verdict Values
- Ankle Fracture Settlements and Verdicts (median values)
Foot Injury Verdicts (median values)
Foot Injury Verdicts #2 (including amputated toe cases)
- Knee Injury Statistics (average verdicts)
- Rotator Cuff Settlements and Verdicts (median values)
- Products Liability Verdicts (median values by type of product)
- Fractured Shoulder Verdicts and Settlements (median values)
- Valuing Truck Accident Cases (data on truck accident settlement and verdicts)
- Valuing Truck Accident Cases Part II (more on settlement and verdicts)
- Valuing Truck Accident Cases Part III (rear end truck accidents)
- Caps on Non-Economic (Pain and Suffering) Damages Wrongful Death Settlements and Verdicts (wrongful death values)
- Personal Injury Lawyer Blog (analysis of personal injury issues)
- Valuing Cases in Virginia (general info on Virginia injury case results)
- Valuing Cases in Washington D.C. (general info on Washington D.C. case results)
- Demand Letters
- Settlement of Maryland Personal Injury Accident Claims (information on settlement)
- Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (extensive injury victim FAQ's)
Injury Victim Help Center (information for accident and malpractice victims)
Contact us or call 1-800-553-8082