Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located at 9715 Healthway Drive, in Berlin, Maryland in Worchester County. You can call the center at 410-641-4400.
This facility is part of Mid-Atlantic Health Care, LLC, which operates 21 facilities in Maryland and Pennsylvania. These include
- Allegany Health Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Fairfield Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Devlin Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and
- Forest Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation.
At Berlin, they offer rehabilitation services, long-term care, memory care, wound care, and tracheostomy care, and they also have a pulmonary/ventilator care unit.
On paper, at least, this is one of the best nursing homes in Maryland In 2015, the facility won the 2015 Quality Innovation Award from Medicare, which recognizes high-performing nursing homes that are improving resident care and satisfaction. This accompanies its 5-star rating in health inspections and quality measures. There are few nursing homes that have received fewer deficiencies on their inspection reports than Berlin has in the last few years. The deficiencies that were cited rarely involved a safety risk to residents.
If you are going to look for flaws in this facility, look at their staffing ratings below. They receive average ratings for nurse staffing, meaning that the average number of hours of care per day for each resident is consistent with the average hours in Maryland and across the United States. You might expect greater staffing in a facility on the Eastern Shore that costs more than $200 a day.
Lack of staffing, even "average" staffing, is a red flag for Maryland nursing home attorneys because there is a correlation because we see a correlation between the level of staffing at a nursing home and the number of mistakes and instances of neglect that lead to lawsuits.
But you have to give credit where credit is due. This nursing home seems to be overcoming very average levels of staffing. We have not been able to locate any lawsuits filed against Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and this nursing home seems to be a success.
If you believe you have been a victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, call us at 800-553-8082. We can discuss your options, you chances of receiving compensation, and what your path forward might be. You can also reach out to us confidentially online for a case evaluation.
- Get the inside story on every Maryland nursing home
- What exactly is the typical settlement value of nursing home cases in Maryland? This page talks about the amount of compensation victims and their families get in nursing home cases and the factors that drive settlement numbers.
- Some reviews for the Berlin nursing home are not fantastic and, on some level, maybe a cause for concern. But it is such a small sampling size it is hard to put too much stock in them.
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.