Allstate Settlements and Verdicts
- Car Accidents
- Accident Type
- Bicycle Accidents
- Negligence Law in Maryland in Auto Accident Cases
- Valuing Personal Injury Accident Cases
- Insurance Companies - Disputes
- Ameriprise: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- AMICA Insurance: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Is There a Formula to Determine an Accident Settlement?
- The Myth of Bad Faith Insurance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Liens
- Cincinnati Insurance Claims and Settlements
- CNA: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- CHUBB Insurance: Accident Claims and Settlements
- The Hartford Insurance: Accident Claims and Settlements
- Encompass Insurance: Claims and Settlements
- Erie: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Esurance: Insurance Claims and Settlements
- Liberty Mutual: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Farmers Insurance: Accident Claims and Settlements
- Breach of Contract
- Gallagher Bassett: Accident Claims and Settlements
- Example Gallbladder Surgery Malpractice Settlements and Verdicts
- How Long Will My Accident Case Take to Receive a Settlement?
- Settlement of Maryland Injury Accident Claims
- Insurance Company Tricks
- MAIF: Insurance Claims and Settlements
- Insurance Disputes
- Addresses of Insurance Companies Handling Car Insurance Claims
- Medical Malpractice Verdicts
- Mercury Insurance: Auto Accident Claims & Settlements
- Nationwide: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Northland: Insurance Claims and Settlements
- Paramount: Car Insurance Claims and Settlements
- Penn National Insurance: Insurance Claims & Settlements
- Progressive Insurance: Claims and Settlements
- Safeco Insurance: Car Accident Claims and Settlements
- Sedgwick: Accident Claims and Settlements
- Selective Insurance: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Anne Arundel County Verdicts and Settlements
- State Auto Mutual Car Accident Verdicts and Settlement
- State Auto: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Travelers: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Zurich: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Allstate: Insurance Claims and Settlements
- GEICO: Insurance Claims and Settlements
- State Farm: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- USAA: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
- Finding all Available Insurance in Auto Accident Claims
- Auto Accident Lawsuits
- Maryland Accident Law
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Maryland Traffic Accident FAQ
- Proving Fault in Maryland Car Accident Cases
- Are you Required to Report a Minor Traffic Accident Under Maryland Law?
- Who is Responsible for Property Damage Repairs After a Car Accident?
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Medical Devices
- Claims by Maryland Jurisdictions
- Attorney Malpractice
- Boat Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Other Personal Injury
- Products Liability / Defective Design Lawyer
Below are sample jury verdicts and settlements with Allstate Insurance. The purpose is to provide another resources to victims and lawyers as to the valuation of personal injury claims.
How did we compile this list? We generated this list from a variety of sources, including our own law firm's settlements and verdicts with Allstate.
These cases have not been selected as a random sampling and are just a small piece of the puzzle of claim evaluation. Don't think because your facts look similar to one of these cases it means that your case has the same value. Your case may be worth a lot less or a lot more depending upon a whole host of different factors.
- Estimating what you can expect from Allstate's first settlement offer
- Thoughts on how much your case is worth
- Thoughts on how much your case is worth.
- Other Sample Verdicts
Among personal injury lawyers, Allstate is most associated with boxing gloves. They fight hard. We fighter harder. We care more. Maximizing the value of your case is our passion. Call us today at 800-553-8082 or get a free claim evaluation.Allstate Settlements and Verdicts
November 2013, Maryland: $936,504 Verdict A 33 year-old mother of four is driving her SUV in New Carrollton and approaches the intersection of Annapolis Road and 85th Avenue. A second driver enters the intersection while the mother attempts to go through and collides into her vehicle. The woman is taken to Prince George's Hospital center by ambulance and is diagnosed and treated for a severe ankle fracture that requires surgical repair. For six months following the accident, she is unable to put any weight onto her ankle and needs third-party assistance with daily activities. She sues the driver for negligence, claiming the defendant was distracted and entered the intersection against a red light. She claims that due to her injuries she suffers from a permanent limp and is unable to stand for an extended period of time. Since, she has had to give up her career as a hairdresser, which resulted in her having to return to school in order to obtain future employment. The defendant disputes the seriousness of the injuries. Allstate offered $70,000 before the lawsuit was filed and $140,000 on the courthouse steps. Our client believed in her case and believed in us. A jury justifed that faith and awarded her $936,504.09. Ron Miller and Laura Zois tried this case for the Law Offices of Miller & Zois.
2013: $157,500 Settlement in New York. The 19 year old passenger of a vehicle is injured when the vehicle enters an intersection at an excessive rate of speed, and strikes the rear of a vehicle that failed to yield the right of way. Suit is filed by the passenger against both drivers as well as the owners of both vehicles. Plaintiff claims a meniscus tear and a bulge of the C6-7 disc, with the need for future surgery. The driver and owner of Plaintiff's vehicle is assigned 70% of the liability, with the other vehicle being assigned 30% of the liability. Plaintiff is awarded $22,500 in past pain and suffering, and $135,000 for future pain and suffering.
$10,000 Verdict in Indiana. A woman is making bread deliveries in Indianapolis. Typical story: she was late, in a hurry, and she rear-ended the Plaintiff. The jury obviously did not believe the Plaintiff was seriously injured.
$150,000 Verdict in New Jersey. Plaintiff, a 27 year-old cashier, is rear-ended by a pickup truck driven by an Allstate insured. Plaintiff claims neck injuries, back disc bulging, and a disc herniation at T6-7 and L5-S1. Allstate fights the claim on liability under its longstanding theory that no one can get hurt if there is not a great deal of property damage. Jury awards $150,000 but, regrettably, the parties agree to a high/low before trial that capped Plaintiff’s case at $50,000.
$203,138 Verdict in Texas. This is a classic dog bites mailman case. Plaintiff is delivering mail in Beaumont. Mailman knocks, someone opens the door, and the mailman gets bit in the leg by two of the four pit bulls that came out. Plaintiff claims she was on crutches for months and has permanent disfigurement and limitation due to muscle damage. Allstate’s insured, the owner of the property, is dismissed from the case but the jury finds against the residents of the property.
$55,000 Verdict in New York. Plaintiff is a 43 year old self-employed delivery driver who strikes a vehicle that is illegally in an intersection on a red signal. Liability being conceded, the case goes to trial on damages only. Plaintiff's claim includes herniations of his L3-4 and L4-5, with bulges in his C2-3 and C3-4 discs. Defense's expert contends that Plaintiff did not sustain a serious injury. Plaintiff is awarded $45,000 in past pain and suffering, with $20,000 in future pain and suffering.
$427,000 Verdict in New Jersey. Plaintiff is a 42 year old Police Sergeant who, while responding to a report of a home burglary, falls off the home's back deck. Plaintiff is treated for cervical-disc herniations and undergoes a cervical fusion at C6-7 and a disc replacement at C5-63 and is out of work for nine months. Allstate’s lawyer argues Plaintiff has a considerable degenerative disc degeneration that precedes the injury, which is the saw they pull out in most cases. The jury, obviously, disagrees.
2013 $60,500 Verdict in Illinois. Plaintiff is an unemployed 44 year old female who fractures a bone in her right foot after tripping and falling down the stairs in the back of her apartment. Plaintiff undergoes an open reduction/internal fixation procedure, along with physical therapy. Plaintiff sues the owner of the apartment building over the inadequate and dangerous condition of the stairs. Defendant argues contributory negligence. In arbitration, Plaintiff seeks $450,000 – $30,000 for medical damages and the rest for future pain and suffering. Plaintiff is awarded $60,500 with 50% comparative liability assigned to her.
$1,000,000 Settlement in Maryland. A woman is pushing her 14 month-old son down the sidewalk in Baltimore County and is struck and killed by a Ford F250 pickup truck that overshot his U-turn. Thankfully, the child was uninjured. Some witnesses say when the truck was coming at her she pushed her child to safety. Our Miller & Zois handled this tragic case.
$100,000 Arbitration Award in Maryland. Plaintiff is stopped at a red light in Prince George’s County and is rear-ended by a drunk driver who fell asleep. Plaintiff requires knee surgery. Allstate denies liability anyway but agreed to an arbitration after a lawsuit was filed.