travelers: Auto Accident Claims and Settlements
Travelers Companies sells car insurance and other forms of insurance. Travelers is the largest insurance company by value in the United States. Travelers has become such a major player that it is now one of the select stocks on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It seems like Travelers writes every kind of insurance imaginable and unimaginable. In the Maryland auto insurance market, however, Travelers Insurance is less of a major player. It ranks 20th, 31st and 54th on Maryland's ranking of market share for passenger cars and trucks. Travelers holds three spots because there are so many related companies in the Travelers' family of insurance companies.
Settlement with Travelers Insurance in Car Accident Cases
Our accident lawyers find it hard to make blanket generalizations on dealing with Travelers for settlement, it really depends on the individual adjuster. Auto accident claims with Travelers seem to vary more from claims adjuster to claims adjuster. Some Travelers adjusters are eager to try to settle accident claims for what the value of the case would be at trial. Others are more difficult and our accident lawyers invariably expect these cases will require a lawsuit and maybe a trial to get the client the money they deserve for their injuries.
Still, on balance, Travelers is more reasonable on auto accident cases than most insurance companies. But if you have a claim against Travelers, keep in mind one sobering fact before you get too excited: Travelers is an insurance company. That means their goal is to pay you either nothing or as little as possible. When we are talking about comparing insurance companies, as we are doing here with Travelers, it is all relative. They are one of the nicer tigers at the zoo. But they may still eat you. Moreover, insurance companies, like everyone else, sometimes require pressure to look hard and realistically at the situation. The value of many Travelers claims sometimes rise dramatically as the courthouse steps get closer. In this sense, Travelers is like every other insurance company.
Who Defends Lawsuits Against Travelers?
Most Travelers lawsuits in Maryland are defended by the Law Offices of Joseph M. Jagielski, which are, appropriately located on St. Paul Street in Baltimore. The name of the law firm would lead you to believe they are private counsel but the lawyers in this law firm are Travelers employees. Most in-house lawyers in Maryland are good. Lawyers at Jagielski's office are particularly good lawyers which may be because they need better lawyers because Travelers has a large number of commercial cases, which tend to be bigger claims.
Is Travelers a "Good" Defendant If You Want to Settle a Car Accident Claim?
Again, good is relative. We have had to file more than our fair share of lawsuits against Travelers. But if you are going to draw an insurance company, Travelers is not a bad draw. The chances our lawyers are going to settle a case without a lawsuit with Travelers is much higher than it is with Allstate, Geico, State Farm or many of the other major players in Maryland. Still, most serious injury Travelers auto insurance claims are going to end in a lawsuit if the client's goal is to get the largest settlement or result possible.
Our Lawyers Can Help You with Your Accident Claim Against Travelers
Our firm has handled scores of auto accident claims involving Travelers and have obtained many favorable outcomes for our clients against Travelers. If you have been injured in an automobile accident in Maryland or Washington D.C. where the at-fault driver is insured by Travelers, or if you are filing an uninsured motorist claim against Travelers and you have a question about your claim or wish to file a lawsuit, call our Maryland car accident attorneys at 800-553-8082 or get a free on line consultation.
More Information on Dealing with Travelers
- Travelers Progressive Claims Tracking (Travelers adds an iPhone application to track Travelers claims)
- Northland Insurance (one of Travelers' truck accident insurance companies)
- Valuing Personal Injury Cases (how much is your case worth?)
- Handling Personal Injury Claims Without a Lawyer (tips for personal injury victims)
- Handling Your Property Damage Claim (tips for auto accident property damage claims)
- Sample Demand Letter (letter to insurance company for compensation by settlement)
- Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions (questions about handling claims against Travelers and other car insurance companies)
- Sample Interrogatories Served by Travelers (sample interrogatories asked by Travelers in a Maryland personal injury auto accident lawsuit)
- Dealing with Other Insurance Companies (analysis of individual insurance companies)
- Pedestrian Accident Claims (with Travelers and other insurance companies)
- Comments About Dealing with Travelers (take these with a grain of salt, people who write in are more likely to be angry about their claims, which makes for unfair sampling)
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Help Center (examples of documents and pleadings to handle a car auto accident claim/lawsuit against Travelers)
Information on Our Personal Injury Law Firm
- Our Law Firm (an overview)
- Our Lawyers (biographies of our attorneys)
- Client Testimonials (some examples of clients who were happy they chose Miller & Zois)
- Miller & Zois in the News
- Information for Referring Lawyers
- Maryland Accident Lawyer Blog (lawyer blog discussing personal injury accident claims throughout Maryland)
- Free On-Line Consultation